Need Toyota thin windshield wiper insert P/N?

I'm looking for the correct P/N for the 1998 Lexus GS 300 drivers side 23.5"

1/4" thin wiper insert refill. I have ordered them twice but continue to receive a substitute which is to wide to mount into the original equipment wiper blade. The P/N I show is 85214 YZZFZ and the correct P/N for the 19" right side refill is 85213 YZZC2 which does fit. Any help would be appreciated. ***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

"Can't we all just get along" Quote from Brett G

Reply to
KG

1/4" thin wiper insert

is to wide to mount

correct P/N for the

Had that problem with a Camry. Solution was to can the original blades and replace them with the more or less standard blades. The more common and easily replaceable complete blade is only a couple bucks more than a refill and you can get refills at WallyWorld if needed in a pinch. Don't worry about the 0.5" one way or the other as long as it clears the W/S frame.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

KG wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Does the dealership give them to you on-the-spot? If so, they're likely "generic" replacements.

Have the parts guy call up the specific diagram for your car on his computer, and specifically look up the proper part number by clicking on the picture of the part on screen. If the computer is right there at the customer counter, tell the man to turn the monitor so you can see it.

Reply to
Tegger

1/4" thin wiper insert

is to wide to mount

the correct P/N for the

Thanks for the response, but I tried the Lexus dealers replace normal blades, over $100, and Trico, "I think that was the name", and they both chattered and skiped in light or intermitent rain where the thin Lexus blades work and they wear great lasting 2 years +.

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

"Can't we all just get along" Quote from Brett G

Reply to
KG

1/4" thin wiper insert

is to wide to mount

the correct P/N for the

over $100, and Trico,

intermitent rain where

I have had that problem with many wipers over the years. The chattering is usually a problem with the attack angle of the blade on the glass because the blade edge is not "flipping" as it reverses it's stroke. You will notice they almost always chatter in only one direction. If it is both directions, the blades are likely weathered and in need of rteplacement. Low temperature swill cause this on fresh blades which is why blades are made for that. Once you get over the idea you may break something, you can use an adjustable wrench to twist the flat part of the arm to correct the angle allowing the blade edge to "flip" when reversing so that it is "raking" instead of "shoveling" or scraping as it wipes. If the blades lift a bit too soon at highway speeds, you can carefully add a bit more pressure to the blade by adding more arch to the arm. Only add as much pressure as needed. This will also change the ability of the blade to "flip" as it wipes. The chatter will go away as soon as you adjust the arms to make them squeege to glass in a raking motion.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut