Remove wiper blade insert?

My manual for my 2003 CR-V shows how to remove the wiper, but it doesn't really explain how to remove the rubber insert. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
Nino Nospam

NWF_Snake

"Nino Nospam" wrote in news:a0ceh.448458 $5R2.340519@pd7urf3no:

See the end closest to the bottom of the wiper arm? Grab that with your fingers and pull hard. There are two little metal prongs that fit into tiny recesses in the rubber at that location. You just need to get them to pop out of the little recesses and the rubber will slide right out.

Installation is easy. Just pull in the opposite direction to make the metal hooks snap into the recesses again. Pull from close to the recesses, not from the far end of the refill. Don't pull too hard or you'll override the hooks and you'll have to start over.

And don't worry about tearing the rubber. You won't do that.

When feeding the new refills in, make 100% certain you catch EVERY metal hook, especially the end ones! If you miss one, you can scratch your windshield.

Reply to
Tegger