Re: At-fault Driver's Insurance Co. Won't Pay

He needs to have his insurance company subrogate the claim. I had the exact same thing with Allstate. They did not want to pay so my insurance did. Then with me pushing them very hard we subrogated and won !!! SCREW THEM BACK !!!!!

Good Luck

Reply to
Roy

Don't know about Maryland, but, here in GA, if you hit someone in the rear, you had better be able to prove you were squeezed or the front vehicle was backing up when the collision occured. If they don't want to pay, give it to the agent to file a claim under the uninsured motorist coverage. A deductible will apply and the insurance company will recover their loss along with the deductible at a later date if there is coverage available from the other driver. That said, some folks make a living doing squeezes to collect insurance payments. If your friend has ever been guilty of this, he is likely screwed if this event is legit. This should also be a lesson for you to give yourself more following distance when a following driver is too close to safely stop. That way you can give both of you a bit more time to stop. If also give you the opportunity to flash your brake lights a couple of times to wake up a following driver suffering from RCI syndrom.

Reply to
lugnut

>A friend of mine was involved in a car accident. He was rear-ended. > >The other driver's insurance company will not pay. The representative >from the other guy's insurance company said, "My client claims you pulled >in front of him and braked hard, causing the accident." This is complete >nonsense, but that's what the insurance company is saying. >

I would have your friend call his insurance agent.....his rates won't be affected, however, they will be able to put pressure on the other company.

Else, time to get a lawyer.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton