Recommendations on vendor for 91 MR2 GT engine

When the weather warms up, my son and I will be rebuilding a 91 MR2 and just plan to swap out the blown GT non-turbo engine that is in it. I'm wondering if people can recommend some reputable used/rebuilt engine vendors & ballpark pricing. If the dealer is within a 2 hour drive of St. Joseph, MI, we'd just go pick it up. (For reference, this includes Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids and South Bend Indiana).

Thank you,

--George

Reply to
George

|When the weather warms up, my son and I will be rebuilding a 91 MR2 |and just plan to swap out the blown GT non-turbo engine that is in it. |I'm wondering if people can recommend some reputable used/rebuilt |engine vendors & ballpark pricing. If the dealer is within a 2 hour |drive of St. Joseph, MI, we'd just go pick it up. (For reference, |this includes Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids and South Bend Indiana).

You probably want to buy a JDM (Japanese domestic Manufacture?)engine, out of a low-mileage car used in Japan. Check the Toyota-specific newsgroups and forums.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B