Location of VIN number on MR2 II

Where can I find the VIN number on a Mk II MR2 ?

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

In the U.S., the VIN appears on a plate on the dashboard on the driver's side, visible from the outside of the car; on a sticker on the driver's door jamb; and on a plate on the firewall. Also, the VIN now appears on a sticker on every major body panel for cars sold in the U.S. as a theft deterrent.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, I'm looking to buy an Turbo import and there was some scares a few years ago regards stolen imports into the UK

Reply to
StaffBull

if it was sold in the us, i would expect to find it at the windshield lower left area. sammmm

Reply to
SAMMMMM

At the base of the windshield on the driver's side. It is also on a sticker on the door jamb. It should also be on the Registration papers.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks - I'm looking to buy an MR2 Turbo and need to check it's "Authenticity"

Reply to
StaffBull

The newer years have the VIN on a sticker that is affixed to all major body panels.

The VIN is always at the base of the windshield on the driver's side. I should clarify, it is on the drivers side of the USA built cars. I don't know if this means it is on the left side or the driver's side for the rest of the planet.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Cheers, having been over to the US on many occasions an MR2 is a tad small for you guy's 5 or 6 litre motors seem to be the norm over there!! but saying that gas is next to nothing compared to the UK. I have a Land Rover 3.9 V8i and that can dent the wallet in a big way !!!!

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

My current car has a 2.5L motor and goes 130mph. My wife has a 3.0L motor in a minivan that can't get out of it's own way. My daughter has a 2.7L motor in a Toyota Tacoma that does all that it is supposed to do. My Jeep has a

4.2L motor that delivers loads of torque at idle, but gearing keeps the speed down to around 70.

Then, there is the motor home with a 7.5L V8. I suppose you are not counting this, but I had to throw it in. the point being that 5 or 6 liter motors are definitely not the norm over here. Yes, there are plenty of them around, but they are hardly the "norm".

The MR2 is a tad small, but the motor has nothing to do with that particular quality. The fact that I am 6'1" and tip the scales at 230 plays a much more critical role in the relative size of the MR2.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hi Jeff, I thought I had a fair "fleet" of cars but you must have a big drive !!! :-) most of the guy's I know in New Jersey/ New York like they're trucks one guy has a 6.5 supercharged lump in his!!! amazing power and about

Reply to
StaffBull