'91' XJ: plug recommendations?

Anyone have any good plug recommendations for a '91' XJ? If it makes any difference I'm looking for plugs that will give me optimal gas mileage.

Wblane

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

buy "any" spark plug and put it in your shoe so that everytime you push hard or fast on the gas pedal, it hurts and you have to ease off. This will increase your mileage by at least 10% no other plug will increase your mileage as much

old john

Reply to
johnny

Stick with the original plugs. Champion RC12LYC.

Reply to
bllsht

Good advice! Platnum multi tipped plugs just don't work in older cars. I don't know why but have tried them many times and have always gone back to plain plugs that are on sale!

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

When I installed my rebuilt engine in my 88 XJ, I went with Bosch Platinums (single side tip IIRC) in it. I have had no problems in the 5-6 years and about 30K miles. It is time to change them and I will probably go with regular copper plugs, Autolites maybe (IIRC someone recommended them in a truck version).

I wish my mileage was over 20mpg, but with a rack on the top, a cargo carrier on the receiver hitch, larger than original tires on it, and a lead foot I just don't get max. mileage! lol

later, dave AKA vwdoc1

88 XJ 4.0 auto
Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Someone recommended Autolite 985's to me. I've bought the Champions before I was just hoping someone would say there was something better out there.

Wblane

I've tried Bosh platinum's in my 90 Cherokee 4.0. and they foul just enough to reduce my performance although it still runs smoothly. I'm going back to champion's although I find it hard to six with matching resistance.

Reply to
mrbhanks

My autolites do fine. the platinum plugs suck in the 4.0 KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego