Red neck head check

I got to thinking, I know this is a "red neck" way of doing this but if a person wanted to see if a crack in a head (like my old heads) was a "functional" leak, would it be possible to somehow plug the coolant ports in the head with some material like stuffing parts of a rag or something in there, filling the head partially with water, paint thiner, etc, and introducing compressed air into a port to see if a crack between the valves leaked? I just got to thinking about that last night. I am not going to re use these heads but wondered if it would work?

Reply to
stryped

you can give it a try but filling the ports with rags won't hold the compressed air.

You might be a redneck if........ ;)

Reply to
m6onz5a

When that air pressure blows that stuff all over you, you will look real good. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You say that as though a redneck is a bad thing.

Reply to
Ulysses

Off topic, but anyway,,,,, Yesterday, I used my come along and some chains to put my 1914 Ford Model T car on my old tandem axles four wheels trailer, (trailer is 12 feet long, not including the four feet long trailer tongue, trailer is seven feet eight inches wide) in my back yard.Last year I tore down my big old rotten shed that was in my back yard.I have some 37'' long by

14'' wide by 4'' thick concrete slabs in my back yard, I was using them for a walkway from my back door to my old shed.Now I am in the process of moving four of them to a corner of my back yard so my trailer's wheels will be sitting on them.Thingy is though, I know how to pull a trailer, but I have no experience with backing up a trailer.My brother in law owns a motorhome and sometimes he uses his car towing dolly to take his pickup truck with him when they go places.I might have to call him to come over here and back up my trailer (my Red Neck trailer) for me.Lots of fun things to do over here. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hmm. I'm reminded of the V8 powered barstool I saw on GEARZ on SPEED a while back. They *say* it's for moving stuff around an autoshop, but it really is just a way to go 40MPH easy on a bar stool IMHO.

Reply to
fred