Replacing Sable Brake Hose

I have a 1987 Mercury sable with a leaking front right brake hose. I have purchased an after market replacement (dealer no longer has the part) from Wagner and Conni-Seal and both replacement hoses don't fit through the frame mounting bracket??? The flexable brake hose mates to the steel brake line through a bracket bolted to the frame. For some reason the replacement hoses have a different fitting that does not fit the mounting bracket. Has anyoun else seen this or have an idea what I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan snipped-for-privacy@ucla.edu

Reply to
jrodda

Take the old hose off, take it to the parts store, and either get the right hose or a fitting adapter. Does the side to the calliper fit? There are SAE and metric brake hardware. And different flares on the lines. Sounds like there is some confusion on which you have.

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ