Stuck power doorlock solenoids..

I installed an aftermarket power doorlocks kit in my '93 Suzuki Swift 2. It worked just fine for a couple of months, but recently the weirdest thing happened: all 4 doors were suddenly stuck open. You can't even manually lock them anymore. After fooling around with the wiring for a while, I removed the doorpanels, it turns out the solenoids won't move, even after disconnecting everything and trying to reset them by hand. They're physically stuck in the extended position.

Now I could simply replace the solenoids, but I would love to know the cause of this. The exact same thing happening to all 4 solenoids at the same time is certainly no coincidence. It looks to me like a security feature working backwards for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
venom