Power seat stuck

My '97 Explorer's driver side power seat is stuck back at nearly end of the track. It will advance about an inch, but then the motor bogs down, and then nothing. I'm 5'6" and this is not a very comfortable (or safe) driving position.

I've looked under the seat and can't see any foreign object that might be causing the power adjustment rack to bind up. Could I have moved the seat too far back and maybe it slipped the track? Is there any way to manually adjust the seat forward? Thanks for you help.

Reply to
Greg

This happened to my 2000. On mine it was the drivers side also. The right side seatbelt mount gets wedged on the seat rail. I think I used a screwdriver to pop it free. If I put the seat all the way back it will happen again. Mike

Reply to
Mike C

Reply to
Vito

Mike, my '01 ST did the same thing. A little judicious use of silicone grease on the plastic part that slides in the track solved the problem for me. It was the part that keeps the RH belt in position regardless of seat placement.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

That was it! The seat belt anchor got caught up in the seat rail. All's right in the world again. Thanks much!

Greg

Reply to
Greg