Tire pressure Monitoring System - Third Party Add-On ?

Hello,

Son just bought a new 2015 Subaru Outback.

They have a tire pressure monitoring system of sorts, but really rudimentary.

If a tire activates, an icon, and I imagine a chime, goes off.

No way to know which tire. No way to read out on dash display the actual tire pressures.

Incredible with all the bells and whistles on this car, their TPMS is so poor. My 2009 Buick has all of these features.

Anyway,

Does anyone make any add-on or small display to read out the pressures, etc. ?

Wouldn't want to change the transducers in the tires, though, so should be compatible with whatever Subaru uses on their 2015's Outbacks now.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

mulder

Bob wrote in news:m4fv1v$2s6$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Is that what the Owner's Manual says?

Reply to
Tegger

Yeah, I assumed that if they went to the trouble of making a monitoring system (as opposed to a first quality bourdon gauge, $20) they would tell you which tire is low. Nope:

"If air pressure drops between 26 and 27 psi in one or more of the tires, the unit illuminates the warning light in the instrument panel (the system design does not indicate which tire is low)."

Reply to
AMuzi

Aftermarket tire monitor are vey populae with RV and folk who pull HD trailers.

Very unlikly you can use teg OEM sensors.

Reply to
NotMe