Toyota Idling Bad

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry with about 180,000 miles on it. I have had relatively no problems with this car until recently. When I start the car and the engine is cold it starts idling roughly like the engine is going to cut out. It only idles roughly for about 5 minutes or until the car is warmed up. It doesn't idle roughly if you put it in neutral instead of drive or reverse. Does anyone have any idea what this could be a transmission problem or some sort of low flud? I am not almost out of gas. Please reply if anyone knows what I should start troubleshooting. I just thought it was wierd that it doesn't do it when it's in neutral.

Thanks, Brant

Reply to
bsmith95610

I ran into a camry with idle problems just the other day. Just for a kick I sprayed out the throttle body with carb cleaner to see if it would help. It solved the problem. You may have a sticking IAC, carb cleaner may loosen it up enough to work normally again.

Chris

Reply to
Hal