Transmission fluid leak

A leak in the transmissiom line in my Taurus is getting worse. The culprit is a steel pipe that is located under the radiator and runs parallel to it. Do you have an idea on how difficult and how expensive is the replacement of such pipes? Is soldering a repair option in those cases?

Reply to
JOBless

If it is in the steel line. It can be fixed easily with the proper cutting and flaring tools or replacement. Don't get hosed by the dealer. Let a small shop look at it. I have patched trans line with hose for less than 5 bucks in materials and a tubing cutter. (don't use a hacksaw) It depends on the problem. Solder is not an option. >Taurus is getting worse. The

Reply to
TOLYN9

Thanks for the advice. I towed the car to a small shop in the country this morning. The gentleman seems to be very decent, and not like he would take advantage. If he does a good and unexpensive repair of the pipe, I will ask him to do some other overdue work, like brake boots, bearing, etc. This would generate some profit for him.

Reply to
JOBless