warrantywizard.com (Platinum Warranty Corp.) extended warranty fraudulent

I bought an extended warranty from warrantywizard.com and tried to put a claim in. Below are my experiences:

1) The worst customer service I have ever experienced. The representatives are rude and it is very hard to reach a live person. After leaving voice mail messages, none get returned. 2) It took me over 4 days to get a claims adjuster out to inspect the car. 3) My first/only claim submitted had over $5500 of repairs needed on it and of all of the items, the claims department refused to cover any work. With my car being repaired at a very highly regarded dealership, the mechanics there all agreed that according to the warrantywizard.com policy that the items should have been covered. They have dealt with dozens of extended warranty companies and this is the first time they have ever seen this. 4) Since warrantywizard.com refused to do the work, I asked for a refund as stated in the policy. They refused. 5) Tried to get in touch with their legal department and left numerous voice mails to get this situation resolved. No returned phone calls. 6) Now, after paying $1740 the company has put me on their internal black list. I even get my chat sessions terminated based on my IP address.

For those of you looking for an extended warranty, this is a fraudulent one. Background research shows that they were once a company in Nevada and now reside in Ohio. It appears that they are moving from state to state to avoid litigation.

I am now forced to sue them since they won't even give me my money back. Not to mention the items they should have covered. All and all, I'm now out over $7240.

Reply to
C. Obrien

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the lawsuit. Duly noted.

For those in the market, look at Warranty Gold.

We researched all the available plans before we - Parts Plus - decided to endorse WG. They seem to be the straightest shooters around. Nice folks. Having said that, has anyone had a BAD experience with Warranty Gold?

On 16 Sep 2003 12:56:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (C. Obrien) wrote:

|I bought an extended warranty from warrantywizard.com and tried to put |a claim in. Below are my experiences: | |1) The worst customer service I have ever experienced. The |representatives are rude and it is very hard to reach a live person. |After leaving voice mail messages, none get returned. |2) It took me over 4 days to get a claims adjuster out to inspect the |car. |3) My first/only claim submitted had over $5500 of repairs needed on |it and of all of the items, the claims department refused to cover any |work. With my car being repaired at a very highly regarded |dealership, the mechanics there all agreed that according to the |warrantywizard.com policy that the items should have been covered. |They have dealt with dozens of extended warranty companies and this is |the first time they have ever seen this. |4) Since warrantywizard.com refused to do the work, I asked for a |refund as stated in the policy. They refused. |5) Tried to get in touch with their legal department and left |numerous voice mails to get this situation resolved. No returned |phone calls. |6) Now, after paying $1740 the company has put me on their internal |black list. I even get my chat sessions terminated based on my IP |address. | |For those of you looking for an extended warranty, this is a |fraudulent one. Background research shows that they were once a |company in Nevada and now reside in Ohio. It appears that they are |moving from state to state to avoid litigation. | |I am now forced to sue them since they won't even give me my money |back. Not to mention the items they should have covered. All and |all, I'm now out over $7240.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Ok, I think I just read a post about Warrant Gold going under.... or gone under...

Mike

Rex B wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That sounds familiar to me as well. I was gonna recommend Western National Warranty as having been around for a while plus doing the warranty stuff for Harley Davidson, but it looks like long ago they were picked up by CNA and are now CNA National Warranty Corporation.

Approximately 9/16/03 15:56, Mike Romain uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Warranty Gold is not paying out any claims. They are on every Extended Warranty Website's "Do Not Buy' list.

I don't like seeing this happen, because I have one of their warranties, and we are both screwed.

Reply to
Steve

I hope all the people that ever thought about buying extended warranties read this thread. Keep the money in your own pocket. Take good care of your equipment. You will save over the long run.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

Warranty Gold have gone belly up 'for now', here is one link found posted in another group:

Mike

Rex B wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Too bad about Warranty Gold. When I purchased my 97 GMC Safari, I purchased a platinum (I think it was 5 year 100K) WG extended warranty when I got close to 36K (end of original warranty). It paid for itself several times over (tranny, rear end, ac, tensioner pulley, water pump, rear axle seals, and other stuff). I never had any issues with the claims. They paid direct by credit card to the shop. Took it to different places for work too. More than one guy said he had never seen a warranty company that good and so easy to work with. Sad to hear they are no longer around.

Reply to
Eddie A

My dealership (who I trust 100%), said that they recommend the Western General warranty. It is about double the cost over the one I bought, but he said they pay claims out consistently and even sometimes don't even send an adjuster out (depends on reputability of the dealership/repair facility)

I should have gone with them. Would have spent $3200 for the policy and have everything covered instead of my now $5500 in repairs plus not getting my money back from warrantywizard.com. All told, over $7000 shelled out and now I still don't have a policy that will pay out if I run into another repair.

Reply to
C. Obrien

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko