whitworth sockets

I am trying to get my hands on a 9/16 ww long reach socket (1/2" drive) Anyone who can help me please let me know.

thanks in advance

Reply to
cigamps

Try RIA Technical in Nottingham. They have a lot of Whitworth and BS stuff.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks for the reply....do you have any contact details for me as i cant seem to find anything on the internet under that name.

cheers

Reply to
cigamps

I don't know if they have a web site, but they have a walk-in shop that is pretty good. You could also tro

or
Toolspot.co.uk stocks some Whitworth stuff but may not have deep ones.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Easiest way to obtain a deep socket in an uncommon size is to make one. Buy a conventional length socket (preferably black rather than chrome), cut it just below the square drive and weld in the length of tube you need.

In those countries that use British pipe threads (BSP) you can also buy Whitworth tube spanners, in at least some of the large sizes, from plumber's suppliers. What's available might also depend on whether you're looking for 9/16 BS (.920" hex) or 9/16 W (1.010" hex).

Reply to
John_H