Long Reach Spark Plugs

Checking the CC on a new set of heads (043). Install a NGK B5ES. The electrode protrudes into the chamber a few threads. Is this correct? Steve

Reply to
Steve

No.

You can steal the washers from an old plug and solve the problem.

If you leave exposed threads in the chamber they will glow and cause detonation. - not good !

Rich

Steve wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Reply to
Steve

Not only that, but there could be a bit less than enougfh clearance to the piston face, and any and all carbon buildup, will occur the same on the threads, thus making them part of the head permanently, if you try and remove the spark plugs after they have been carboned up even just a little it will damage the threads in the heads and render them scrap (of course there are repairs, but nothing beats doing it right the first time, and not haviung to do heli-coil repairs or inserts.)

Tricky has the right answer if you will be using those plugs. I recommend getting the proper model plugs.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I cant remember off the top of my head what the correct part # is. part of the number relates to the length of the plug (reach).

Some one will sone post in with the correct number I am sure. If not I will look it up for you.

What is the part number / make you have ?

Rich

Steve wrote:

Reply to
tricky

If you look up NGK spark plugs on aircooled.net you can see which are for stock heads as well as the longer ones.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Use B5HS that is the short equivalent..

J.

Ps the stock recommendation is B6HS slightly colder..

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Thanks PJ. Steve

Reply to