Scammer Trying to get me....

We have our 1971 Standard beetle on The Samba for sale,,, and I get (what looks) to be a legit offer?! Here ya go, all the emails, for your review!

**************************************** #1
I am a New and used Car, Parts and Accessories > dealers in France. > I am interested in your AD .I would want to know > the firm price and mode of payment.In respect of > shipping i have a reputable Shipping company with > offices in the U.S that takes care of my shipping. > Awaiting your urgent response > Best Regard > James adam

jamesadam snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

******************************************** #2
Dear Terry, > Thanks for your e-mail, i dont now the exactly amount that you want to sell it, > give me the firm price, reply me asap. > > Best Regard > > James Adam
*********************************************** #3
Dear Sir, > > Inrespect of payment i have a client in the > U.S who is owing me $8,500.All i need to do to > make payment easier > and faster is to instruct him to procure a cashiers > check and mail it to you on the name,address and > telephone number you want on the check and you > know it takes > 24hrs for a cashiers check to clear in the U.S.But i > would want to know if i can trust you to send my > balance to me via MONEY GRAMS INTERNATIONAL MONEY > TRANSFER in the FRANCE, PARIS after the money must > have cleared in your bank to enable me prepay the > shipping company here so that they can instruct > their office in the U.S to come and pick IT from > your location.pls mail me asap to enable me arrange > payment > > Best Regard > > James Adam
******************************************************** My response..
So, while I find you deal quite appealing, convince me that the following web

page does not indict you?

****************************************** Be careful out there....
Reply to
vwluvrs

Cold, Hard, US Cash in hand prior to any title changing or car moving. Period.

Randy

RSMEINER

The the seller's left hand open and his right firmly griping a 45 automatic.

Reply to
John Stafford

yep, thats the ticket.

Randy

RSMEINER

Find out where he lives. I think Guido is interested in selling him some insurance.

Reply to
John Stafford

Been to France I'ld rather see a VW stay in the US. The land itself is OK but the people were.... well....... guess I'll do as mom said and not say anything at all.

Reply to
1974 Std Sunbug