Wiring diagram for Power antenna on '93 Mazda 626

I need to install a generic power antenna on my 1993 Mazda 626. The original harness has five wires that went to the old antenna (which is long gone).

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this?

Wire colors are:

- Red

- Blue/Red

- Blue

- Black/Yellow

- Black

Reply to
Noozer

Go to your nearest Public Library and use their set of Mitchell's manuals

Reply to
Bob Johnstone

I just junked my 1990 Mazda 929S, and took out the radio. Goodgawd, I've never seen so many wires!!

In my car, there were one or two relays associated with the antenna, switched by the radio--one for up, the other for down. I think the relays are interconnected so that each one cuts itself out with a limiting switch, and "prepares" the other--a kind of flip-flop.

The OP may be able to sleuth these out with a VOM. The actual antenna wire should be connected to the chassis--I think. And possibly one directly to the radio.

The Mazda service center told me to come by to see their mazda mechanic, who woulda done a look-see manual check for free, mebbe photocopy a page or two, but it wasn't necessary, as ultimately the radio didn't work out. Try mazda service in your area, might not bang you.

The Mitchell's manuals sound like a good idea, but the generic antenna may be a little different, as well.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®