1997 mazda power antenna

I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a manual antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power antenna, It is controlled by the
ignition switch, and not the radio on/off switch. It goes up every time I turn the key on,And down when the key is turned off, I want to change it, so it is activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes? thanks, gary

You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to the proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket radio it may not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired as it is.
The Usenet Improvement Project:
replying to XS11E , homere wrote:

-- Thanks, The radio is stock,

I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did? Seems very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.
The Usenet Improvement Project:
replying to XS11E , homere wrote:

Not sure , but after removing the radio, I found it was the problem, It was not sending a signal. Something wrong with the stock radio, thanks,,

You can find a stock radio on ebay or wire in a separate antenna switch or maybe get the stock one repaired or possibly just leave it as it is.
I think I'd leave it as it is because I'm lazy! <G>
The Usenet Improvement Project:
replying to XS11E , homere wrote:

I check ebay, but it is a lot easier to leave it alone, thanks,, G