1997 mazda power antenna

I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a manual antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power antenna, It is controlled by the ignition switch, and not the radio on/off switch. It goes up every time I turn the key on,And down when the key is turned off, I want to change it, so it is activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes? thanks, gary

Reply to
homere

You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to the proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket radio it may not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired as it is.

Reply to
XS11E

-- Thanks, The radio is stock,

Reply to
homere

I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did? Seems very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.

Reply to
XS11E

Not sure , but after removing the radio, I found it was the problem, It was not sending a signal. Something wrong with the stock radio, thanks,,

Reply to
homere

You can find a stock radio on ebay or wire in a separate antenna switch or maybe get the stock one repaired or possibly just leave it as it is.

I think I'd leave it as it is because I'm lazy!

Reply to
XS11E

I check ebay, but it is a lot easier to leave it alone, thanks,, G

Reply to
homere