2000 Sienna Starting problem

I previously posted regarding a multiple engine misfiring problem on a

2000 Sienna with 71k on it. The final diagnosis that I repaired myself was a failed injector on the #3 cylinder, and one failed coil pack feeding the 3-6 cylinders.

Now that the engine is back together, and running as smooth as always, another problem has surfaced. What used to take a short spin of the starter to get the engine running, has now turned into a long crank before it catches. Once, I stopped the cranking when it didn't catch, only to have the engine backfire and fill my garage with smoke.

The wires are correct to the cylinders, all vacuum lines appear to be connected and not-leaking, and there is no fuel leak around the replaced and cleaned injectors. Check engine light is not on.

Any ideas out there?

-C

Reply to
cshort

A backfire usually means that the air/fuel mixture is too rich, could be caused by several things, the most likely being no spark or a fuel injector nozzle that is not closing or spraying properly.

Reply to
Ray O