2005 4Runner Display is dim

My friend has a '05 4Runner with the message display thing that tells the temp and remaining distance on the tank of gas, those sorts of things.

The display is dim on one end.

I own a BMW with a similar display unit, and when this symptom comes up, there is light bulb that burns out -- there are really 4 light bulbs, and one or two of them fail.

In any case, I assume that the 4Runner is similar, and I was hoping somebody might know for certain how the display is held in place before my friend gets here and we see what it takes to fix this.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

NEVER MIND

She came over and there is a cubby-hole that can be lifted off to expose a screw that is removed, and the entire climate control module with the message display snaps out. Easy stuff.

On a side note, the driver side window was making an awful clunk while lowering from full closed. The bolts that hold the window to the window regulator were lose and/or missing. One was lose, the other had fallen out and was stuck to the magnet on the back of the speaker.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland