95 Camry Oil Light On

I have a 1995 Camry for which I just got a new radiator and timing belt. I got an oil change 1,000 miles ago, but my oil light has been staying on and it has broke down on me twice now in two days. Why would the oil light come on if there is oil in the car?

Reply to
amy_ponthieu

It is an oil pressure problem. Could be a lack of sufficient oil, a bad oil pump, or something else.

Reply to
Mark A

As mentioned, its a low pressure light, not a volume amount light.

Reply to
Andy

How did the car break down and what did you do to get it going again? The oil pressure light comes on when the oil pressure is below 4psi. It could be a mechanical problem such as the oil pump. Or the pressure oil sensor could be bad (more likely), bad wiring, etc. Check TN similar threads on this subject by looking at the end of these posts.

Reply to
toyomoho

Explain "Broke down" please. And has the sound of it changed now? The oil light indicates that the oil pressure to the bearings is too low, which will ruin the engine. Or the oil pressure sensor is faulty, or the cable to the oil pressure sensor is bad or badly placed, but that should not stop the engine. May be they who serviced the timing belt got a bolt wrong bleeding the oil pressure, (Believe me, that can happen on some engines). Have you observed any oil spills? or they may have damaged the sensor cable connection.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ And, have you looked at the dipstick to make sure you have sufficient oil in the pan?

Reply to
mack