annoying setup auto unlock Sienna

Hi

I hate it that the auto unlock of door locks is activated when ignition is turned off and/or when shifting in Park. Well, I followed (so many times) the directions in the manual and all it happens is that it does NOT cancel the auto unlocking of buttons. Would a dealer do it for free?

Reply to
E M

It depends on the dealer. I recommend that you call the dealer where you purchased your Sienna and ask.

Reply to
Ray O

I can't answer that for you but I agree with you that autolock is a pain in the butt. Fortunately neither of my vehicles has it, but when we rented a 2003 Sienna I kept unlocking the doors as soon as I went into Drive.

I'm sure it is considered some sort of safety feature like the stupid DRLs but I consider autolocks to be a safety hazard. God forbid if someone has a bad wreck and is knocked out -- the doors being locked are a serious impediment to anyone trying to rescue people from inside the car. Some may say "just bust in the window" but that in itself is a time waster and a potential rescuer will have to come equipped with a rock or heavy boot and perhaps cause more damage to anyone inside.

Reply to
badgolferman

I changed mine. Followed the manual exactly. There's a timer so you have to be quick.

Reply to
Dbu_^