Drive By Wire and Grounding

Does grounding the 3 points (battery to chassis; chassis to engine, engine to battery) solve drive by wire hesitation?

Reply to
edv

Um, who knows? What kind of car do you have?

There was a discussions about this at

Go to the site and search on Hesitation.

I just adjusted a screw under the stop for the gas pedal and it went away.

For the most part...

Reply to
Hachiroku

car do you have?

Reply to
edv

I've been driving manual tranny vehicles for 34 years, and, except when I was 16 and just got my license, I have never had as hard a time with a clutch as I am with my tC, thanks to the Drive By Wire hesitation. It is the ONLY thing on the car that I HATE!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks Hachi, I'm not a big fan of placing a screw there, I never know when it may fallout or something and the accelerator might get stuck. There's a quite simple fix I found on the mazda forum. It says to scrape away the paint under the battery to body connection. Maybe we'll try this out. It makes sense to me, I'm not sure if other members agree with this. I found the 07 Camry ground connection on the left side near the coolant reservoir. Its much better than putting addt'l wires. Its odd that car manufacturers will put paint on a grounding plane. Well, I have to try it out first.

g manual tranny vehicles for 34 years, and, except when I

Reply to
edv

On my Scion, there IS a set screw there!

Reply to
Hachiroku