1998 Grand Cherokee, Dash Lighting Grounding Wire?

Looking for advice:

On my 98 Grand Cherokee, there seems to be a bad, or loose ground wire.

I figure that it's the ground wire, and not the headlight switch because the dash / radio / VIC lights change brightness randomly, and will flicker when I hit a bump in the road. I changed the headlight switch about a year ago, so, I'll trust the switch is ok. The flickering happens at all different adjusted levels on the headlight dimmer switch.

If I hit the bottom of the dash, below the steering column, with the palm of my hand, I can make the dash lights flicker. This makes me think it's just a bad ground connection somewhere.

Before I start tearing the dash out of my Jeep, can someone suggest where the ground wire attaches to the chassis? I'd rather tear into one location, and not tear the whole thing apart to find a single wire.

Thanks.

Reply to
theo_jr