gas prices should be higher

Yeah... here it is. I am a conservative and saying I have no problem with the current gas prices. In fact, I think they should be higher. It is a supply and demand industry and should be.

The thing that catches me about liberals on this issue is that on one hand they will moan and complain about gas use and then complain about the gas prices. Convenient way to just rail against Bush in another way? Or they just don't realize how hypocritical they are being?

Whatever the case, there is no reason gas prices should not be as high as they are and then some. It cuts down on misuse, the oil companies still turn a profit and life goes on.

Also, I have to laugh at the people complaining they cannot take their anual vacation trip because of gas prices. That's a downright lie. Just another convenient excuse to lob at the government. Some politician somewhere says "people cannot go on vacations because of gas prices" and then their constituents yell "YEAH, YEAH! THAT'S IT! THAT'S WHY I CANNOT AFFORD IT."

Reply to
GO Mavs

My guess is that *everyone* is going to complain about gas prices going up; basic human nature. In reality, I (left of center on the political spectrum) think higher prices ($5 - 7 per gallon) would be good in that it may prod the car industry to actually do more in the right direction, instead of dragging their bottoms, re: mpg. OTOH, do I really want to pay more? No. OT*O*H... if I buy a Prius, would help to justify the splurge to myself. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I think it would prod people to live more efficiently and is also capitalistically fair... It would also prompt some of that world and American enginuity...

BTW... I filled up my Yaris from an empty tank with 28 dollars yesterday!

Reply to
GO Mavs

I would have filled it up with gasoline, myself. Did you use a check, bills or coins?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I popped in my checkcard, hit debit, typed in my number, and pumped the gasoline in my car...

The 28 bucks is not even the best part.. its the 275 to 300 mpg (depending on how I drive it)

Reply to
GO Mavs

ROFL! You nut.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"GO Mavs" ...

Yaris was the prototype for my Echo, so I get similar mileage. I love the looks I get at the pump from the gas-guzzler owners...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I use my American Express and get some money back.

The best part is that I have a Ford Contour with a V6 that goes that far on $28 worth of gas.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I remember the Ford Contour. I think they stopped making them back in 2000.

That is cool that yours gets 300 miles to a tank... However, a V6 contour on average only gets around 21. 7 mpg... You must have one of those Contours that has no doors, hoods, lights, airconditioners, radios, speakers, hubcaps, and other such things that weigh the car down....

That or you are thinking about how you filled it up back in the late 90's and it got 300 per tank...

http://c>>> I would have filled it up with gasoline, myself. Did you use a check,

Reply to
GO Mavs

It is rather refreshing. The ECHO was a good car... and I do think the Yaris looks 50 times better... but it was definitely a good make economy wise.

Reply to
GO Mavs

"GO Mavs" ...

Yeah, most people like the aesthetics of the Yaris way better, but I love that I have a not-so-common-looking car. That has awesome gas mileage, to boot.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I have already driven from where I can see Empire State Building to Ohio without refilling. That's across most of New Jersey and all Pennsylvania.

It has all those things. And a sunroof, too. The transmission's standard, which helps with the mileage.

It has about a 14-gal. tank, so it can, in theory, go about 420 mi. between refills on the highway (it is rated at 20/30 mpg).

Usually I get around 28-29 mpg mostly highway.

No, I filled it up at about 2.899 per gallon, which, at 30 mpg that gives me around 289 mi.

I can't reach the site. I think it is a temporary internet issue.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If it works for you then that is good... standard does help gas mileage...

I am calculating my Yaris at about 32 in the city... not the 35 it claims but close enough. It really depends if I am driving like a bat out of hell.

Reply to
GO Mavs

when i coast i get the same mpg as you but then going up the hill displays " 12.0 mpg" on my scangauge II - how does it average up ? didn't figure out yet 9 the car is too young) lol

Reply to
daszkiew2000

my Yaris sedan ( 4EAT) got 45.6 mpg - mainly suburban driving last time i measured........ we are hitting the road in few days ( OH to FL and back) and i'm hoping to get over 50 mpg on hwy...........

Reply to
daszkiew2000

Which is technically what I meant!

They manipulate the supplies, and that alters the marketplace

Reply to
GO Mavs