Toyota's new concept car

I don't think my 6'2" hubby would be comfortable in this.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Yoga?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Don't know... depends on how much head clearance there is. In a couple of the shots it looks as though the head room might be fine - difficult to tell.

Kinda cute exterior, but not so fond of the interior - looks-wise. I don't like the apparently ubiquitous skinny-ing down of side windows lately, either.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

While driving? Wouldn't recommend it. LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Cathy F."..

I don't like all that glass. What would that be like in the summer? I should think it would make the car even hotter. It *looks* cool, but it would actually be quite warm. ;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Its more good looking than the prius. This car should have good airconditioning or else its going to be pretty hot.

Reply to
EdV

My guess is that the glass is treated to reflect the outside heat.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I didn't get a/c until my '84 car. Once I had it, no going back!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

maybe he wouldnt but most people arent as tall as he and I are....

he would be comfortable in a variety of concept cars that are in the works...

Reply to
GO Mavs

Good point.

We'll see.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Cathy F." ...

But even tinted to the max, it would still be way hotter than most cars. You'd then have to use more fuel to keep it cool. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"EdV" ...

Dude, the Prius only looks a *little* better than the Aztek....

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Perhaps they put infrared filters that block the infrared light getting into the car. (They make windows like that for houses, too). That would cut down on the greenhouse effect in the car.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The Aztek was a darn cool truck. Wish they had a standard transmission. I would have considered one.

Of course, I know there are a lot of people think that the Aztek is ugly as sin. I am one of the ones who don't.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Cathy F." wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Omigod! How long are the windshield visors in this car, about 2 1/2 feet? Way too much glass, all over the roof, which kills it for me....I don't even like to open the moonroof in my Avalon, because even with tinted glass, it's too glary. Someone said it's better looking than the Prius...which is not saying much, considering that the Prius looks like a gigantic cockroach. If I were considering a hybrid, which I'm not, I'd be looking at the Civic Hybrid long before the Prius. But that's just me. As far as that goes, I don't much care for the last two years of the Camry's looks....the previous incarnation looks better to me. (Plus the worrisome transmission in the newer model gives me pause.). Also, again just me, I find it hard to determine what's a Camry and what's a newish Avalon, they look too similar, and I end up looking at the trunk lid to determine which is which. My 2003 Avalon looks nothing like the Camry, which I appreciate. If I had a new one of either car, I'd be fearful of losing it in a large parking lot, and wasting time looking at a lot of other folks' cars. Forgive the verbosity, but I just remembered a time when returning to our Camry in a lot, there were FOUR white similar Camrys there, parked cheek by jowl, and I had to check out our license plates before trying to open one with a key. My wife has had to do the same at times....whute Camrys are as ubiquitous as pigeons in a park.

Reply to
mack

"mack" ...

And hot! In a bad way...

LOL! It does.

They're too common for my taste. I like having a somewhat unique-looking car.

I just said that. :-)

Actually, I don't see that many white ones. I see mostly champagne-ish or tan ones.

*yawn*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

But would that be enough to make it comparable to other cars' level of heat retention? Somehow I doubt it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

They say the same thing about my Echo, so I know where you're coming from on that one.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I beg to differ:

No, no, no, no, no! The Prius is cute!!!!!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Accckkk! This is even worse than Natalie's perception of the cute Prius! ;-)

If I were

Now it's silver Camrys.

Cathy

Reply to