Maintence Required Light

2008 Avalon, maintenance required light is on. Nothing at all in the owner's manual about how to reset the light. Tried what has worked on other cars
Reply to
MLD

That's not true. Look again.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

ner's manual about how to reset the light. Tried what has worked on other ca= rs--turn on the ignition and pushed and held the trip lever in. =A0I had the= trip on the odometer setting since I didn't want to erase the Trip A or B s= ettings right now. =A0Is there another way to reset the light or is it done = with the trip in one of the other, A or B, settings?

This works on a 2005; may work for you:

  1. Select the total milage odometer.
  2. turn the engine power off.
  3. hold the odometer toggle button in.
  4. power up the engine (not start it).
  5. hold the above until the milage reads all -----.
Reply to
mrsteveo

This works on a 2005; may work for you:

  1. Select the total milage odometer.
  2. turn the engine power off.
  3. hold the odometer toggle button in.
  4. power up the engine (not start it).
  5. hold the above until the milage reads all -----.

Didn't work--have since found out that to reset the light Trip A is the anointed one to hold in. MLD

Reply to
MLD

I did and still didn't find anything relative to resetting the light. Where did you find it? MLD

Reply to
MLD