Toyota corolla 99 - Grinding noise from right front wheel

The passenger side front wheel makes a grinding noise when ever the car is in motion. It seems like the brake pads are touching the rotor when the vehicle is running. I have replaced the front pads and rotors with OEM parts. I have taken it to the mechanic several times and they open up the brakes and say everything is fine, the car runs without noise for a day or two and again the noise starts. Any ideas as to what is the cause of this problem?? has the calipers gone bad and how can i test for the calipers. Replies are appreciated.

Thanks,

Guru

Reply to
auto4toyota

When you replaced the pads and rotors, you did orient the wear indicators properly, install all of the shims and springs, and lube the caliper slide bolts with wheel bearing grease or anti-seize, right? Did the noise start after you did the brake job or was it there before? Check to make sure the backing plate is not touching the rotor. This is what I'd check first.

A bad caliper will either leak brake fluid, or the caliper piston will seize in the bore. If the caliper is not leaking and you can push the piston back into the bore, then it is OK.

Reply to
Ray O

You could try putting caliper grease on the caliper sliders, that might help. On my 99 Corolla the rubber boots seem to be glued in/ permanently installed on the caliper so I just pulled out the slider, applied the grease and put it back in. Doing this eliminated some vabriation I was getting when braking downhill or on hard braking.

Reply to
<report.spam