Toyota Tundra wont start

I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra, never had a problem until now. All of a sudden this morning, it won?t start . When I turn the key I either get a single click or nothing at all. I had the truck in the shop getting the brakes done Monday and they replaced the battery mounting bracket, and cleaned the terminals but said the battery was fine. Because of this, I immediately checked that the connections were good, but to no avail. I then checked all of the fuses which all looked ok. I also tried jumping it with cables. Anybody have any thoughts? The ?green eye? on the battery reads that the battery is fully charged.

Reply to
jadam23s

In the past when I have had those symptoms it almost always turns out to be the battery. If you are jumping it let it charge for a while before attempting to start it. If you do get it started drive it down immediately to Advance Auto or such and have them hook up their machine to it and test your electrical system. It is possible your starter is bad but that would be rare in Toyotas. If not, then maybe a fusible link also.

Reply to
badgolferman

The battery has had it. If its the original you're due anyway. I think just coincidence after service. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Nah...your battery is fine, as proved by the jump start not working, sounds to me like the starter relay is fricked or the heavy cable connection from the battery to the starter relay is loose/dirty...I'd bet on the starter relay contacts though.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Battery may or may not be OK, depending on where you live. If you live in a hot climate like Florida, Arizona, Texas, etc., then the battery may be towards the end of its life. If you live in a cooler climate, the battery is probably OK.

The green eye is fairly accurate.

Do you have any kind of aftermarket security or remote start system?

Otherwise, follow Gord's advice.

Reply to
Ray O

"" wrote: > jadam23s, 8/26/2005, > ,5:39:39 > PM, > wrote: > > > I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra, never had a problem until now. > All of a > > sudden this morning, it won?t start . When I turn the key I > either get > > a single click or nothing at all. I had the truck in the > shop getting > > the brakes done Monday and they replaced the battery > mounting bracket, > > and cleaned the terminals but said the battery was fine. > Because of > > this, I immediately checked that the connections were good, > but to no > > avail. I then checked all of the fuses which all looked ok. > I also > > tried jumping it with cables. Anybody have any thoughts? The > ?green > > eye? on the battery reads that the battery is fully charged. > > In the past when I have had those symptoms it almost always > turns out > to be the battery. If you are jumping it let it charge for a > while > before attempting to start it. If you do get it started drive > it down > immediately to Advance Auto or such and have them hook up > their machine > to it and test your electrical system. It is possible your > starter is > bad but that would be rare in Toyotas. If not, then maybe a > fusible > link also. > > -- > "The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short > putts because > of the uproar of butterflies in the adjoining meadows." -- > P.G. > Wodehouse

Thanks for the responses... I wanted to eliminate the battery being the problem, so I took it out and had it tested at Advance Auto. The computer said it was ok, but needed to be charged. When it was done, I brought it home, put it back in, and it still didn?t work! I rechecked all of the wires to ensure good connections and then decided to try the jump again. This time though, I attached the postive directly to the cable instead of the battery terminal, bypassing my battery. I let the other car run for a minute and then revved it a little when attempting the jump. The truck started this time, so it had to be the battery. I went back to Advance, bought a new battery, and everything is working fine.

Reply to
jadam23s