'03 Camry Rear Defroster Question

Is the rear defroster supposed to heat the window using all the lines that are visible? I took my car in for service because the top and bottom of the window does not defrost(about 3-4 lines). The dealer told me that was considered normal operation, those other lines are for use as an antenna. Am I getting the run-around or the correct info concerning the rear defroster/antenna. Thanks for your replies!

Reply to
chpsho89

Dealer is correct.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Yes, the new camry has replaced the retractable antenna with the window antenna. the old retractable antenna gets jammed during winter when it's frozen inside.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
ROBERT RENNINGER