93 Camry rear swaybar bushings

I'm hearing a rattling noise from the rear whenever I go over small bumps or washboard pavement. It's not a vibration as far as I can tell (one bump gets me one noise). I've heard that this can be the rear anti-swaybar bushings. Looking under the car, I can move the bar back and forth longitudinally about 1/16 to 1/8 inch left and right, and move it a small amount diametrically within the hole (e.g., up/down or forward/backward). Is this the normal state, or should I replace them?

Reply to
Steve

Sounds like you need to replace them. Easy and inexpensive. They shouldn't move at all within the bushing. For longevity you can add silicone grease during assembly. Silicone grease can also be found as dielectric grease - comes in a small tube. May as well do both front and rear sway bar bushings while you're doing the work.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus