E350 swaybar bushings - remover tool nessecary?

I need to replace the stabilizer bar (sway bar) bushings on my 1999 E-350. The bushings are where the sway bar ends right at the axle - not the front
mounts. Can these be hammered out, and then the new ones knocked in? The chilton book reccomends using a bushing remover, however, I can't find a place that rents this tool. Thanks for any help on this. LJ
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.