99 Camry Keyless entry

We purchaced a used 1999 Toyota Camry. How can I tell if it has keyless entry. It didn't come with a remote and the dealer suggested to me that is was lost. Is there anyway to look somewhere on the car to see if it came out with keyless entry so I can go purchase a remote for it? John

Reply to
Wulfdog

yes, Look for a tiny pushbutton switch under the dash and perhaps a LED that flashes when you press the button several times. Or look for a connector under the dash near the steering column if you see a connector and nothing connected that may have been the keyless entry module that was removed.

-- Richard N. Price

is

Reply to
Pops