Dash noise

2002 Camry XLE If any one has any idea, of a crackling sound somewhere in the centre of the console. I know its impossible to pin point but I am asking in the off chance some one has experienced the same problem and managed to resolve it.

Thanx

Reply to
sail1

Yes there are numerous complaints about rattles in dashboards. You might try taping down the outside black trim below the windshield wipers and see if that stops it. It may sound like the dash but actually be the clicking of the trim on the windshield. If tape works temporarily then try silicone caulk as a permanent solution. Otherwise you will have to try felt between the cheap pieces of the poorly designed dash.

Reply to
Art

i have the same problem, and tracked the noise down to the stereo cover. does anybody know how to take that cover off?

Reply to
Joe

I've seen a couple of guys fixing this noise at dealer I work at. Newer camrys and solaras, I think. Not sure if there's a TSB out or not, but if its under the 3/36, take it in and have em fix it.

Reply to
qslim

Just belt the offending area with your fist a few times,...the noise will change to a more tolerable grunt as the pieces of offending plastic break off.......well that's how I'm tempted to 'fix' the rubbish plastic interiors of today.

I've seen ordinary plastic insulating tape wrapped around the edge of one of the two surfaces rubbing together, plus the use of stick-on foam-rubber (made for quieting doors which slam) which seems to work as well..

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Unfortunately those fixes do not last.

Reply to
Art

i took my car to the shop for this already, but the noise doesn't come consistantly, so they couldn't fix it. Does anybody know how to remove the stereo plastic cover off?

Reply to
Joe