Storage of 2002 Camry

I will need to store my 2002 Camry XLE in my garage from December through March. What precautions do I need to take aside from disconnecting the battery? How will this affect the car if I did this on a yearly basis?

TIA SH

Reply to
S.Hicks

Looks like a good place to start

ROBMURR

Many thanks. That was very helpful.

SH

Reply to
S.Hicks

Just get yourself a "Battery Tender Jr." hook it up and let her sit!

Should be fine. I'd also suggest getting a can of SeaFoam (NAPA Part #SF16) and dumping the entire can into your gas tank while you fill it up completely to the top just prior to storing it. Then drive the car for 5-10 minutes normally and store it.

The SeaFoam removes water, keeps the gas from going bad (which is unlikely anyhow) and will preserve anything in the gas lines and system while stored.

If you get condensation in the tank (not likely because of the fullness of it), the SeaFoam will neutralize the water.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill