Front axle boots, control arm bushing

When I took my '90 Camry to the dealer for some other work, they told me the car needed to have the front axle boots replaced, as well as the control arm bushing. Can someone tell me what these things are and what they do? The guy said the boots were in poor condition and it was important to do them soon. He said it was a 5-6 hour job. The dealer price is

556.00. The dealer price for the bushing is 337.00. Is that something any garage can do? BK
Reply to
BK