Front brake pad shims

Is there any way to recycle and use the factory shims while changing out the pads. I am getting them in tomorrow.

regards,

Allen

ps. Not OEM pads

Reply to
Allen Crawford

In answering my own question, Yes you can re-use the old shims and using permatex brake quiet spray adhesive helps to bond the shims to the back of the pad to make the reinstall of the caliper much easier. The changeout was quite easy and gratifying.

Al

Reply to
Allen Crawford

Yes, but it's messy trying to clean up the moly lube. Just buy aftermarket Akebono ceramic pads with integrated shims. Good deal from online stores like rockauto.com

see

johngdole

What exactly is the purpose for the usage of moly lube on shims and how properly apply the lube ?

Are you talking with a stick-on shims? I got pads with these, but they did not look good and I installed factory shims - they fit very well.

Reply to
Pszemol