Wanted - Ford Focus front brake pad

Just investigated the grinding noise coming from the front of my Focus ESP 2 litre that started up yesterday and stamp me vitals if the caliper hasn't seized and the inside pad worn to the metal. I'm too mean to buy a new set unless I have to seeing as every other pad is nearly new so if anyone has an old pad with even a couple of mm of friction material left on it I'd be most grateful. I only do a couple of thousand miles a year in it so even a shagged pad will last me for ever.

An old front disc would be handy too depending on whether my one is still in good enough nick to reface on the lathe when I get it off the car and also sort the caliper out at the same time. Until then I'll drive the spare car.

So any garages or home mechanics about to change out their discs or pads on any Focus 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 or diesel model (they all have the same front discs and pads except for the ST170), or someone with a crashed car that has discs and pads going begging please let me know. Close enough to the west London or Slough area for me to collect would be great or postage is the next option.

I'll also happily swap some labour like a head skim which would cost you £30 normally, or any other machining I can do in house, or some tuning advice.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Bought a full set of pads for a Ka from a factors the other day, and they were around a tenner. A Focus is going to be similar and it's not like brakes are worth pissing around with. If you've not got a tenner to chuck around you need to charge more for those heads ;).

Reply to
Doki

where abouts are you in west London/slough mate :) just curious

but regarding your calliper woes, forgive me for sounding thick here, but on the focus isn't the calliper bracket part of the hub assembly like they used on the older golfs? and when did they change them over (if they did)? I know the st170 uses 300mm discs so maybe a set of them will do for your needs :)

Reply to
dojj

You just have no idea how mean I am :)

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

All details on the website.

No the std Focus has 258mm discs according to the EBC website. I'll find out where the caliper bolts to when I get it all apart. It stops on a sixpence anyway so better brakes are the last thing on my mind.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

A man after my own heart. I could do you one brand new brake shoe for the rear of an Austin 1800 if it would help. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'm not there though. It's a mail address but not one for people dropping round to. I don't run a retail type of business.