stiffer hard drive

Camry 99 LE, 4 cyl, 60000 miles I recently found that the ride is stiffer and hard. I can fell all the bumps on the road, even it is very small. Is this normal? Should I have the dealer check it? My strut noise, leaking. Tire pressure is normal (32).

Thanks,

fun

Part is tires (some ride softer than others - suspect they aren't still the OEM ones) --- suspect your struts have deteriorated too. Rating of tires changes ride and handling (safety) too --- H's are OEM but probably ride stiffer than S or T low speed touring tires. Lower tire pressue a tad --- isn't it like 28-32 (look in glove box lid or on the door opening) ?

Reply to
Wolfgang

If you do find a cause, please post it. My 99 Camry LE V6 began to ride rough at about 30,000 miles and has gotten progressively worse. Most of the harshness is in the rear (the front suspension was replaced under warranty at about that time). The dealer test drives it about every 9 months when I ask for another look, and they always say it seems normal to them (and I have offered to pay to have it fixed). Mine is particularly rough in the rear in the 35 to 45 mph range. I am on my third set of tires, the original Generals, the Michelin MXV4+, and now Michelin Sport. I've even lowered the pressures down to 26 as a two week test when they said the MXV4s were "harder riding" but that had no effect. I really think there is something wrong with the rear struts or strut mounts, or the rubber parts back there have hardened. I am currently using the same 32 that you are using, but will probably go back to 34 in the front to avoid outer edge wear. Good luck!

Reply to
Orv

I have a 2000 LE and I noticed my right front strut is leaking. I will probably have to get the fronts replaced. Not sure if I can get this done under warranty but will try, I purchased the extra care gond warranty, I will have to wait and see what happens.

Reply to
Chuck

Please post if you get an answer. I have extend care too, but was told it was not covered.

Thanks,

qq

Reply to
Vizros Plug-ins