99 Camry LE 4 cylinder

I have two questions about my 1999 4 cylinder Camry LE.

  1. If I have the rear defroster on, and I turn on the radio, I get a garet deal of static from the radio. Turning the rear defroster off reloves the static. Any idea on how to remedy this?

  1. Any suggestions for a set of all season tires for the car, we plan to keep it for several more years. We live in Massachusetts.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
eblaster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Phil, I don't know about your question #1, but I'm happy to recomment Goodyear Weatherhandlers (which I have on my '97 Camry. You might inquire about them as to whether they're really "snow" or "all weather" tires, but they've worn superbly on my car. going on 50K miles and the tread is still deep and sharp. Hope this helps.

Reply to
mack

I have a 97 Camry and my radio antenna is integrated into the rear window, just like the rear defroster. I suspect you have a frayed wire for the defroster in the wiring harness that makes it up to the rear window or a bad contact. When you turn on the switch it completes the circuit and interference is transmitted to the antenna wires that run right along the defroster wires.

Try wiggling wiring harnesses and look over the place where they are close to each other on or near the rear window.

Reply to
badgolferman

Check tirerack.com

My preference is for Yokohama AVID TRZ

Reply to
Daniel

A while ago I put a set of Michelin X-1's on, and got superb service for 84,000 miles. The X-1 is discontinued, but the dealer sold me Harmonys as a replacement; so far, they seem very much the same.

The slightly more expensive HydroEdge appears to be more of a rain tire.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Reply to
eblaster