Toyota Camry 1998 has the following diag codes...pls help....

Hi,

I have the following diag codes that I retrieved from autozone's charitable OBD II code reader. The Camry has about 90000 miles and runs fine except the check engine light shows with the following code:

P0105 - Trouble code P0401 - Pending code

I spoke to an autozone person that was educated with these codes and he told me that there must be a lot of carbon in the system. I looked up the codes and the P0105 is something related to the MAP sensor and the pressure in the intake manifold. The P0401 is the EGR system and is problably related to the EGR Valve. Those are my takes. Please help me with other possibilities and the probablity of some condition happening at this mileage. The engine runs extremely smoothly. I have tried to erase the codes and they have come back again. So, I take the codes are real. What are some of the things that I should be looking for? The MAP is a little piece of metal but costs like hell. I was told that it would cost me about $270 and the EGR Valve about $130.

What is the difference between a trouble code and a pending code. Any help with my situation would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

stony

Reply to
black