Help !! 89 Camry won't start

i have a 89 Camry 4 cylinder. I changed the plugs due one bad. now the car won;t start. When I engage the starter, it sounds like it fires a couple of cylinders but doesn't continue.

i put some gas in the intake and the engine runs great. i think that means I have a fuel problems.

Anyone got an idea?

thanks,

Vern snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
JeromeV

=== Starter fluid ignites more easily than gasoline. Check the spark plug wires (

Reply to
Daniel

Seems like a simple question... But I've seen stranger problems that people cause so...

Did you put the wires back on the same plugs they came off or did you do all four plugs at the same time?

Are the plug boots pressed fully onto the plugs? They have a tendency to pop off in that model year due to problems with the valve cover leaking oil into the plug well, etc.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe