Reading diag codes for 95 Buick?

Hi,

I have a1995 buick lesabre. It has a odbii connector, but I believe it is still obdi (i read that GM used a hybrid system in 1995). I tried reading it with a friends obdii cable and it wouldn't read.

Is it possible to jump the pins on this system to read back the codes? If so which pins would I short, then how would I get the codes back.

thanks chad

Reply to
chad

Shep

Chad, DON'T EVEN try to short any pins and put power to the car! It will destroy the ECM. Your LeSabre has an OBD II connector. You should bring the car to a shop that has a very good scanner (a large red housing) and it will display the codes. Only difference between the '94 and '95 to the '96 is the prefix before the code number(s). Some scanners are unable to read the codes on GM prior to '96. Try other scanners.

Reply to
GMdriver

Thanks for the info everyone.

chad

Reply to
chad

If you hooked an obd-1 'scanning tool' to the connector and tried to scan your ecm with it, you've already shorted the pins necessary to scan an obd-1.

Reply to
Olaf