Transmission shaking while braking?

Hi, I am new to "CarKB!" My Camry is shaking & making noise when I am braking at about 15 mph, I think, going from 2nd to 1st (automatic tran.) The mechanic says that it is not the brakes but the transmission. This does not happen in neutral or low. I've read the posts here and wonder if maybe it could be sensors or solenoids? I just put $1000 into the car! The mechanic said he could not get a computer reading because he disconnected the battery? Not shore what that means. Anyway I have no warning light on, only the "Rear light warning." The shaking & noise is like going over a bridge with grates! It's a 1994 Camry V6 automatic with 42 thous miles. If anyone has any ideas or anything I could try I would be very happy! Or if anyone knows of an HONEST mechanic in SE Florida! Judy

Reply to
Judy Bjorkman via CarKB.com

Check the condition of cv joints. Check the brake rotors for runout. Check for bent wheel rim. Check tires for twisted cords. Check fluid levels in transmission and differential. Check the condition of mounts.

Reply to
Clay