Faulty part prompts Toyota to recall 15,600 Tundras

I don't have any issue with Minorities, Gays are not minorities.

Reply to
Leythos

"Ed White" found these unused words:

So buym the Tacoma ... it's the -=old=- Tundra.

For those not wanting BIG, the Tacoma was perfect, now there's .... !

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Here in the Chicago area, I see a lot more Double Cabs than Crew Max Cabs. The two look similar at first glance, except that the rear doors on the Crew Max are quite a bit larger than on the Double Cab.

Reply to
Ray O

So you aren't interest in Toyota recalls?

Are you one of those Toyota owners who want to maintain the illusion of Toyota perfection? If so, you should get a job with the Toyota spin department No other manufacturer spends so much time trying to hide defects, or shift the blame to their Customers or suppliers.

I would never claim Toyotas are especially bad. In fact I'd agree they are above average. They have had problems with trucks in recent years (head gaskets, ball joints, transmissions, piston slap, etc.). Ironically, I am trying to convince my Sister that she should buy a RAV4. She wants a small/midsize SUV and I think the RAV4 is the best of class vehicle and will suit her needs better than anything else. And it is likely if I bought a new pickup today, it would be a Tacoma. But I would not have any illusions that I was getting an incredibly reliable vehicle. I would expect something better than average, and nothing more.

I think it gets under my skin when Toyota apologist try to claim Toyotas are incredibly reliable. Often they have not owned a recent domestic vehicle and they are comparing a new Toyota to some 20 year old beater they remember from their childhood. If I bring up how crappy Toyotas were 10 or 20 years ago, I am called a troll. I prefer to thinking of myself as a realist.

Wouldn't you at least like to hear the opinions of others that might not agree that Toyotas are perfect? I believe more information is better than less.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

I am definitely seeing a large number of the Crewmax versions (at least for the ones I am up close to). They are easy to spot becasue they have "real" door handles on the rear doors. Probably some of the ones I see passing on the highway are double cabs and I just didn't realize it. I just don't remember seeing a single regualr cab, but I just looked at the local dealer inventory, and they do have at lease one regular cab, regular box model in stock, so they do exist. I was a little shocked at the price - with minimal options, the 4x4 version was over $30K (before the $2K rebate). On the other hand, a similar Tacoma was only $2K less. I guess the Frontier will have to last another couple of years.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

You should go to NHTSA and read the documents related to the ball joint recall. Toyota did everthing they could to avoid the recall and only initiated a voluntary recall when it was clear NHTSA was goign to mandate a recall if Toyota didn't.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Oh Lord We have been saved, We have been saved, Again by the almightily National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Alleluia Alleluia Alleluia

Reply to
Phisherman

Regular cab models are pretty scarce around here as well. Although Toyota is targeting the work truck market, I think the majority of Tundra buyers are still recreational users who travel off road or tow campers or boats and small entrepreneurs who need a truck for work and personal use. As Toyota gets the kinks out and gets pricing more competitive, we may start to see more regular cabs used for work.

Reply to
Ray O

I really wanted a regular cab with a full bed. Our Toyota dealer just had extra-cab with 6' bed with automatic trans. They only had one 2x4 so I got that. I wasn't about to special order and if I didn't get a good deal I was ready to consider the F150. The 4x4 double cabs with a small bed are common in e.TN.

Reply to
Phisherman

Nice cross-posted troll, arsehat.

Reply to
S.Lewis

I posted the original news article without comment. I thought it was appropriate to post the article to the generic auto group, the main Toyota group, and the Toyota Truck group. Is that a bad thing? Would you prefer to not know about an important recall? Hiding information doesn't solve problems. Myself and others posted opinions as a response to the original news article, but since newsgroups are intended for people to share ideas, opinions, and facts, this seems appropriate as well. Calling someone an "arsehat" (whatever that is) seems a silly response. As far as I know, no one is forcing you to pay attention to news articles. If you are attempting to defend Toyota, disparaging me is probably not the best way to go.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I've seen a lot of new regular cab, regular box Tundras here in Fairfax County VA, both on the road and in dealer stores. Bob

Reply to
ketchcourt

: You think Ford's "largest customer base" is homophobics? :

More likely pro-NASCAR mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging cretins.

Reply to
Fuller Rath

When did they become a majority?

Reply to