first "around town" tank mileage

Just finished my first tank with 100% stop and go short trip driving on my Tacoma DC prerunner.

18.9 MPG.

I'm very pleased with this.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Is that a 4 cylinder manual trans? If not, I think you might just have set a new world record.

Reply to
studio

Nope. 6 cylinder, AT, with Borla intake and exhaust. No AC running. Just finished second tank around town tank and got 18.2. It's rated at 19, however I've never owned a truck that could actually get that close to the rating before.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

If I keep the foot off the go pedal, I get 18 around town in my Tundra with a load in it. If I am driving it lika a sports car, it drops down to

15...empty on a road trip, I got over 21mpg. 6cyl w/6spd manual
Reply to
Noon-Air

No doubt, how you drive is a big factor in mpg results. I've trained myself to light foot it and coast down rather than hard brake, particularly around town. You can't get anywhere fast anyway, the next light will get you.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

That 18.0mpg figure is very close to what I'm seeing out of my '00 Xcab Prerunner with the 2.7/4cyl automatic in mixed driving.

I've got around 70k and need to have a cursory look at the plugs and wires, but I've seldom managed to squeeze a 20mpg tank in town out of it and I drive pretty conservatively.

23-25mpg on a highway tank.

Still think I could do better with a stick - the one flaw with this year model as it wasn't offered.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis
97 4 cyl (2.7)/4wd. 195k. around 18/21 - city/hwy
Reply to
tbuggle

'07 Tacoma 4 cyl (2.7) 2wd extended cab. 23 mpg city (some stops, but not much waiting on traffic) on each of the 1st two tanks. To and from work is 14 miles each way and takes about 20 minutes.

Reply to
Les