high idle at startup

Quick question for you guys out there, my 93 pick-up (4cyl.) idles very high from a cold weather startup and it takes about two or three minutes to drop down to normal idle. it does have fuel injection so why would it do this compared to a carburetor.

is there anything i need to replace since it's been a long time since my last tune-up?

Reply to
bobby F

what's high? guesing 1100-1300 rpms is normal. It does that because it's supposed to. The computer probably has a cold start injector that squirts more fuel and a sensor to turn off the cold start injector when the engine warms up. All this mimics what a choke does on a carb'd car.

Reply to
Max Payne

Normal unless above 2200 RPMs.

Reply to
Wolfgang

My '90 4Runner 22RE idles at 2200-2400 usually when cold. yesterday morning after sitting overnight it went up to 2500 (10 degrees outside, -4 overnight). A bad cold-start injector?

Reply to
mazdaman85