Mysterious 3VZ-E coolant leak

Greetings yet again. I looked in my 3VZ-E engine repair manual (1992 Toyota 2WD 5-speed manual pickup) to see if I can find any reason why coolant is leaking out of a hole on the engine block, between the engine block and the fire wall, near the center of the engine.

I have circled the location in the images above. I crammed my finger down there and it sort of feels like the hole that the coolant is coming out of is threaded--- but I cannot tell, since so far I have not been able to put a bolt in the hole (the engine is too hot).

The leak is after the thermostatic valve--- the coolant does not leak out when the engine is cool.

The hole feels like it has a mounting bracket in front that supports another hose (a 1/4 tube).

Is there anyone out there that can tell me why this is leaking? Is there a plug?

Reply to
Desertphile

P.S. The hole is below the temperature sensors, below the inverted "U" shaped Engine Coolant Temp Switch hose/tube. It is just below the metalic tube for the Engine Coolant Temp Switch, and it looks like a bolt used to go in to that hole and support, with a bracket, the tube for the Engine Coolant Temp Switch.

Reply to
Desertphile

Could it be a block coolant drain plug?

Reply to
Desertphile

There is a 3VZE on Ebay at the moment with some very good photos, maybe it will help you see where its at. item 390592923788 JC

Reply to
Archon