Mystery Tacoma towing package (2004)

As I understand it the Toyota offers a towing package for the Tacoma (2004 and others). I cannot find any details on what is included in the towing package. What is included with this mystery towing package?

I have a 2004 4WD Tacoma without the towing package, what would it take to install a towing package?

Thanks all

Kevin

Reply to
astro_nutter

"astro_nutter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@lotis.uk.clara.net:

I was well to say dis-appointed in Toyotas tow package. Bought my 03 Taco in California where a brake controller is needed for towing greater than 2k loads.

Well Toyota gives you a nice class for hitch and a flat 4 pin connector with a clean wiring harness. But no 6 pin round connector like everyone else. But they claim you can tow 5k loads without the brake controller. They also to not give you the proper fan clutch setup for the increased load. So you must also spend buck on a new fan clutch. Better to get an elctric fan set up.

Reply to
Steel Pig